I am a graphics editor at The Washington Post. I report, develop and design interactive graphics and data visualizations for the news.
- Do your Congress members support stricter gun control?
- The dramatic rise in state efforts to limit LGBT rights
- A new divide in American death
- Why death rates for white women in rural America are spiking
- 2016 Fatal force: Police shootings investigation
- History through the president’s words
- Holiday cookie generator
- Two Clintons. 41 years. $3 billion.
- The 2016 megadonors
- From ‘dead broke’ to multimillionaires
- Arctic sea-ice melt
- Where carbon emissions are greatest
- Groundhog Day
- Who funds the new Brookings?
- Measuring the midterm turnout gap
- Big money: independent spending swamps congressional races
- Where police forces don't resemble the community
Kennedy is a journalist and developer, and enjoys telling visual stories. She loves the balance between logic (coding) and creativity (storytelling) that building graphics provides.
She loves learning new languages and likes thinking about how people process information.
She has a Master's of Science in Journalism from Northwestern University. She has previously worked at the Guardian US and the Associated Press. She loves Renaissance babies, diners, signs, running, travel (duh), mustard, Lygia Clark and nice tunes. In her spare time, she is anywhere but home with her pup and brand new baby. She misses New York.